Seminar: Using Illumina sequencing technology to explore the bacterial genome
Date: Thursday 18th March 2021 Time: 11:00 -12:00 Location: CB11.04.205
Sequencing and bioinformatic experts from Illumina gave a seminar on the use of Illumina short read sequencing technology to explore the bacterial genome.
The topics include:
• Understanding the Illumina MiSeq system and library preparation
• Introduction to BaseSpace Sequence Hub
• Understanding bacterial whole genome alignment and variant calling
• Dr Bjorn Espedido (Illumina Senior Field Application Scientist)
• Dr Zhiliang Chen (Illumina Senior Bioinformatics Sales Specialist)
The seminar was 45 mins long with 15 mins Q&A.